The Bull

When You Realize Quarter 1 is Almost Over?!?!

Only Two Weeks Until End of Quarter One!

Say+what%3F%3F
Say what??

Say what??

Jaysah David

Jaysah David

Say what??

Anna Gaglione, Editor

Believe it or not, the end of quarter 1 is only two weeks away! What does that mean for you? A new set of grades! And also…midterms, papers, and final projects. These last two weeks are like the sprint at the end of a race and here at The Bull, we want to help get you fired up for the end of the quarter. Here are 9 tips to help raise that B to an A, maintain your GPA, and prepare well for those big end of quarter assessments.

There is a lot to get excited about these last few weeks, so don’t be too worried. Pep-Rally and spirit week this week, Fall Ball is this weekend, and October Break is right around the corner. This means a whole lot of time to binge Netflix, sleep in, and catch some waves at your favorite beaches. Hopefully, these tips will help you balance all the fun activities coming up with the work load that is bound to increase.

1. Go in with a game plan and stick with it:

What are your goals before the end of the quarter? End of quarter grades will be averaged into your Semester 1 so it is important to make sure you’re doing well. Whether or not your goal is just to pass all of your classes or to maintain a 4.0, know what you want and work hard to achieve it.

1. Don’t procrastinate:

You’ve probably heard this one a thousand times, but it really is an important tip to doing well in school. Lots of you are in sports or extracurricular activities, so time management is crucial to getting in all of your assignments on time.

1. Do your homework:

Seems like a no brainer, right? Missing homework assignments, even ones not worth many points, lower your grades. Make sure you get in all your assignments on time. If you are late turning something in, make sure you get it done as soon as possible. A 50% is much better than a 0. Don’t fake your homework either. Sometimes homework seems like busy work but it is meant to help you get to practice with the materials and prepare you for upcoming tests.

1. Take Breaks:

Studies show that cramming for long amounts of time is not an effective study method. Instead, study in 20-50 minute intervals and take 5-10 minute breaks in between. This way, your brain can better absorb information.

1. Be organized:

As the quarter comes to an end and more work is being assigned, being organized is a good way to keep track of when assignments are due.

Keeping a planner or setting reminders are great ways to know when and what you need to do. Make sure you keep your papers and binders well organized as well. Doing the work but not being able to find it in a mess of papers is extremely frustrating, so keep your work together.

1. Study with friends:

Studying with friends is a good way to make preparing for a test more enjoyable. Help quiz each other and combine notes taken during class.

1. Take notes:

Taking good notes is a sure way to help prepare you for tests. It’s hard to remember everything your teachers say in class so keep organized notes that make sense to you. Finding a good method of note taking takes time and practice. Attached are few helpful tips on effective note taking strategies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7CwqNHn_Ns&t=300s

1. Take care of yourself:

School can be hard and mentally exhausting, so make sure you keep up your health. Eat healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with plenty of snacks in between to keep up your energy. Make sure you keep hydrated by carrying a water bottle with you or making frequent stops at the water fountain. Being tired limits your abilities to make smart decisions and pay attention in class, so make sure you get plenty of sleep. Studies show that students who stay up all night studying actually do worse on tests than those who get those extra hours of sleep.

1. DO NOT STRESS!:

Science proves that stress increases headaches, depression, blood pressure, and risk of heart attacks. It also weakens the immune system, causes hair loss, and weight gain. School is very important but you should never sacrifice your health and well-being. Do things you love to do, spend time with people that make you happy, and relax.

1 Comment

One Response to “When You Realize Quarter 1 is Almost Over?!?!”

1. Caylyn on September 19th, 2017 9:02 am

This is a great piece of literature Anna!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• When You Realize Quarter 1 is Almost Over?!?!

Campus Beat

There comes a point in your life…

Campus Beat

Join us for Making March For Our Lives Posters!

Campus Beat

Prom 2018

Campus Beat

Parker Bulls Paddling Takes On States

Campus Beat

That’s a Wrap!

Campus Beat

Lovefest Approaching!

Campus Beat

NAHS Equality Murals

Campus Beat

SPIRIT WEEK!

Campus Beat

Steps to Cure Your Senioritis/College Panic

Campus Beat

College Essay Sample- Shen MacKenzie

Parker School Student Voices