The Bull

Four ways to not be a Grinch this Holiday Season

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Pumpkin flavored everything, hot cocoa, candy canes, and eggnog. Bright lights decorating houses, colorfully wrapped boxes filled with surprises, a break from school, and tons of food. How can you not be in a good mood?!

Well for some people it can be hard to get into that jolly holiday spirit. If you are one of those people, read on.

Maybe you’re over the Christmas music that started playing the day after Halloween, maybe you’re stressed out about what gifts to get for your family, or maybe you just can’t get that awful Christmas song out of your head. Whatever your reason for loathing the holidays may be, these tips are bound to make your heart grow three sizes this holiday season.

Buy yourself something nice!

Sure, it feels good to see someone happy with something you got for them. But you have to care for yourself too, right? Go out and get yourself that expensive jacket, splurge a bit extra at Starbucks, give yourself the day off!

Do something charitable!

The holidays are a great time to get out and help those in need. You can volunteer at a local homeless shelter, donate your old clothes to a thrift store, or something even as simple as saying some kind words to someone.

Spend time with your friends and family!

The holidays are the best time of the year to get together with the people you love most. Even when you don’t feel the greatest, your friends and family should know exactly how to cheer you up.

Laugh a little!

Even smiling can trick your brain into feeling happy. Get together with some good friends and watch some good Christmas movies to get the good times rolling.

Now that you know these tips and tricks to survive the holidays happily, get out there and have a good time!