The Bull

Room 510

Labeled for reuse via Max Pixel.

Labeled for reuse via Max Pixel.

Sophia Kaufmann

On the night of the full moon, there was a party in room 510. Nathan, the pool boy, never showed up. Nathan left that evening with the intent of returning in a few short hours, but little did he know he would not make it to room 510. After work he went home after a long day of handing out towels and free ice cream. When Nathan went to return to the hotel to join the party in room 510 he ran into his boss Rodney. Rodney confronted Nathan because he was confused with why Nathan was back at work long after his shift had ended. Nathan looked at his boss, and his eyes were crazy, crazier than normal.

“I’m here to see some friends” Nathan responded.

Rodney, with a confused look on his face, accepted this statement, and they both went on with their evenings.

Nathan walked around on his way to room 510 and noticed the full moon. Suddenly he had an apprehension that someone was following him. He peered behind him and saw Rodney hiding in the shadows of the evenings full moon. Nathan decides to take a detour to test his theory. Surely enough, as Nathan turned left, Rodney followed. Nathan decided to walk back to the parking lot and get into his car, and maybe he could wait it out and Rodney would eventually get off his case. As he gets to the parking lot he does a full 180 to see if Rodney is still trailing behind him. As he turns, no one is there. He hears a rattling noise in a nearby bush and jumps, as he looks it’s just a feral cat minding its own business. As Nathan releases a sigh of relief and turns to continue to his car. He approaches his car and unlocks the door and gets in. As he closes the door he takes a deep breath. He looks in his rearview mirror and sees a face staring back at him with crazy eyes.