The Bull

A New Beginning

Who had the grooviest dorm room?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Our beloved class of 2018 is finally getting settled in college! Though they’ve probably got a lot on their plates with their classes, extracurriculars, and getting acclimated to life post-Parker in general, many of them have still found time to decorate and bedazzle their dorm rooms to fit their unique styles and personalities.

Jaysah David, who is attending PNCA is having a great time so far! She says, “Moving is was stressful and amazing! There were people walking around  everywhere in this tiny lobby, bringing huge boxes and suitcases up the one stairwell and elevator. After moving my two suitcases and duffel bag into my room my parents and I took a power nap in their hotel room before buying a CRAPLOAD of things for my apartment. Be prepared for a stressful day tbh, but its kinda great to start fresh and decorate!”

Jaysahs dorm photos:

Next is Lucy Callender, who goes to Chapman University, and she has some good advice for the new seniors who will soon be in her position! “Orientation week is so much fun but super exhausting, and I was kind of excited to get into my class routine. College is amazing and I’ve met so many awesome people. My biggest advice is pretty cliche but it works: do all the offered activities and more! Go out and meet people whenever you can and it really pays off”

Photo of Lucy’s dorm:

Now we have Bradley Bollinger. He is attending CU Boulder, and seems to be having a great time so far! He says, “Orientation week is so much fun but super exhausting, and I was kind of excited to get into my class routine. College is amazingand I’ve met so many awesome people. My biggest advice is pretty cliche but it works: do all the offered activities and more! Go out and meet people whenever you can and it really pays off”

Bradley’s dorm room:

Shione’s room:

Shione’s college experience so far: “To be completely honest, I wasn’t nervous or stressed at all when college started. I think it was partly due to being acquainted with the campus from my prior visit. Although Willamette was the only campus I got the chance to visit, I highly recommend doing so if possible! Thanks to WU being a small school, I found my “group of people” pretty quickly. I recently signed up for the Hawaii club, chemistry club, pre-health club, etc. I also was forced into doing IM soccer (but I guess it’s good to try new things). From the past couple of weeks, the most important thing I’ve learned was don’t be afraid to speak up and ask questions. Everyone wants to help your transition into college life as smooth as it can be! Willamette is pretty much an enlarged version of Parker School and I’m loving it!  For seniors applying to college right now, I highly recommend schools with low student to faculty ratios and small classroom sizes. Not only do the professors know you by name, but I found it really helpful that they’re available outside of class for extra help.”

Riley Herendeen’s dorm:

Her college life so far:

“Walking in to my first official dat as an independent student in Orange County was actually terrifying. It’s scary being on your own and being responsible for everything. you ever do. But as I continue to meet people, make friends, and get involved, I can see that being a college student at Chapman is also very exciting and rewarding!”